Deathwatch takes place in the 814th year of the 41st millennium, if you like to keep to the time line. I thought it might be useful to outline what has and hasn’t happened thus far.
- It’s been two years since three craftworlds came together to stop hive fleet Naga, but a single Tyranid, the Doom of Malan’tai ravaged that craft world.
- It is 83 years until the Necrons will ravage Sanctuary 101, marking the first real imperial encounter and the awakening of the Necrons. However, they have been unofficially encountered several times before.
- It has been 72 years since the Tau were rediscovered amongst the eastern fringes, their first real discovery happening almost 5,000 years prior
- It has been 69 years since the Tyranids attacked Tyran, giving them their name sake. In that same year, they attacked Macragge and failed, but at great cost to the Ultramarines.
- It is 87 years until the Balab war, where the Astral Claws start their revolt and general path downward to becoming the Red Corsairs twelve years later.
- It’s been 76 years since the last founding, the 26th
- The third war for Armageddon won’t happen for another 184 years. For that matter the second war won’t happen for another 128 years. The first war, covered up by the Inquisition, happened 370 years ago.
- It’s been around 59 years since the Warp Gate to the Jericho Reach has been discovered. 37 since the crusade has been launched.
- It’s 149 years till the ill fated voyage of the Fire Hawks into the Warp, which will 23 years later will see few of them return as the Legion of the Damned.
- In 131 years, Fyodor Karamazov’s clash with the head of the Ecclesiarchy over his burning of people. Probably from his walker too.
- Logan Grimnar has been the Chapter Master of the space wolves for 155 years.
- In 174 years a few orks will have the brilliant idea to invade Rynn’s World, and try to take on the Crimson Fists. Surprisingly it seems to go well for them, at least at the start.
- In 41 years, Ultramarines will drop for the Assault on Black Reach
- 616 years ago, DeKere’s World bore one Gregor Eisenhorn. 24 years later, he was an inquisitor. His legend goes from there.
- In 178 years, Ursarkar E. Creed, in his first act as Lord General of Cadia, will use his tactical genius to punch Ulthwé in the face.
- In 162 years, Marneus Calgar will be rebuilt after loosing all of his limbs in a skirmish with the Tyranids. It’s M41 folks. They had the technology
- The tendrils of Hive Fleet Kraken will spread out in 176 years to try to consume Terra. However, the Inquisition made a purge several years earlier, even on Earth, of what was a Genestealer infestation. The maw of Leviathan will open in 183.
- And in 185 years, that little scamp, Abbadon the Despolier will start his 13th black crusade out of the eye of terror. It’s been 665 years since his last failure, but with everything else that is going on, maybe he’ll have a better chance this time.